Oklahoma is one of the big cities. Buying a car for travel is a necessity in such an area. More and more people are buying cars in order to use it for travels whether it is for work or leisure. But as the number of cars on the streets increases so is the chance of the accidents.
Though most of the accidents are not fatal but it can bring many damages to your car which is definitely going to damage your monetary well being. In order to avoid huge repairing bills, you should definitely go for Oklahoma car insurance which would definitely save you a lot of money!
Average Premiums in Oklahoma
The major concern for people while purchasing insurance is how much it is going to cost them. This is same in the case of car insurance. The average insurance premium in Oklahoma is about ninety-eight dollars per month. However, this rate is not fixed at all. The amount of premium will depend on the zip code of the area in which you park your car. The premium amount may vary from eighty to one hundred and twenty-eight dollars.
Auto Insurance Laws and Requirements in Oklahoma
The major reason for pushing up the premiums of car insurance is no-fault insurance which in the case of Oklahoma car insurance is not required making it cheaper than usual. Moreover, the state does not require you to get the UM coverage also. However, certain liability is made mandatory by the law such as:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
Whereas there are other liabilities which are not required:
- Medical payments
- Uninsured motorist bodily injured.
Car insurance coverage in Oklahoma
When you go to get the car insurance you will notice that the requirements made mandatory by law is very less. If you fulfil such requirements you are not liable to get any extra coverage. However, in such a case the coverage will be too low and if you met with an accident where you need to get your car repaired you will definitely face huge financial loss. And the state required coverage also does not include thievery and storm damage. So, it will be better for you to consider extending the coverage amount for your own financial safety!
DUI Laws in Oklahoma
If you are found driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then you can face the following penalties: -
- Fine up to one thousand dollars which if double in the case of minors.
- Imprisonment that can range from ten days to a year. It may extend up to four years if there is a minor in the car.
- Suspension of licence for thirty days which would again involve a fee of three hundred dollars as DUI fee.
Age Limit Laws in Oklahoma
There are quite a few driving regulations in Oklahoma for the safety of the inexperienced drivers. Oklahoma car insurance is much more important in the case where the car belongs to a teen driver. The following are regulation which was brought about by Graduated Driver Certification laws:
- The learners licence is issued to a person only after attaining an age of fifteen years and six months.
- After obtaining the learners licence they have to obtain supervised driving experience worth fifty hours and out of such supervised driving hours there must be at least ten hours of evening driving.
- However, apart from the supervised driving hours the teen driver must also be accompanied by another person with a licence at all times while they are driving.
- Only after attaining the age sixteen years and six months the state will issue full driver licence to the teen driver.
Credit Score Laws and Regulation in Oklahoma
Oklahoma car insurance company can change the rate at which they provide you the insurance depending on your credit rating. Therefore, you should reveal your credit worth to the company as honestly as possible.
Insuring your Vehicle in Oklahoma
The Oklahoma car insurance policy is based on your car and so if your car in involved in an accident although you were not driving and someone else was but it was found out that the person driving your car is the cause of the accident then both you and your insurance company will be held liable.
Additional Auto Insurance Laws and Requirements in Oklahoma
There are additional laws which can affect the rate of your Oklahoma car insurance some of which are: -
- Highway safety laws- which involve no cell phones use by bus drivers and novice drivers.
- Speed limit laws- there are speed limit depending on the area so you need to take care of this as well.