You are here
When choosing reliable car insurance, people pay attention at price only. Read here what are the criterias on why do you need to select Auto-Owners.
Auto-Owners Insurance: Our Thoughts
Car insurance in the US is known to be expensive, and people spend a lot of time selecting the right plans for themselves and their families, always trying to save money and select the best. We found a great company that is a catchy way of helping consumers remember what they stand for.
Auto-Owners has been offering its customer outstanding co-operation for over 100 years. Their network of over 47,000 independent insurance agents is ready to help you online or in-person. The company has over 80 claim office locations in such states as Colorado, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc.
Auto-Owners roadside assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the phone.
As an Auto-Owners customer, you can track a claim and your claim history online 24/7. You can also use accounts to manage policies, print insurance ID cards and make payments.
- Glass Coverage
- Gap Insurance
- Pet Coverage
- Rental Reimbursement
- Roadside Assistance
- Antique or Collector Car Insurance
- Umbrella Policy
Types of Discounts
|Passive Restraint Discount||up to 35%|
|Multiple Vehicle Discount||up to 31%|
|Student Away at School Discount||up to 25%|
|Multiple Policy Discount||up to 14%|
|Prepay Discount||up to 14%|
|Anti-Theft Device Discount||up to 11%|
|Anti-lock Brake Discount||up to 10%|
|Good Student Discount||up to 10%|
|Company Car Discount||up to 5%|
|Good Driver Discount||Varies|
|Paid in full discount||Varies|
|Mature driver discount||Varies|
|Good Credit Discount||Varies|
Auto-Owners car insurance policies cover a wide assortment of motorized vehicles including all-terrain vehicles, antique vehicles & classic vehicles, automobiles, modified vehicles, low-speed vehicles, mopeds, motor homes, motorcycles, and utility trailers.
Available coverages and discounts may vary by state, but will most likely include:
Auto-Owners offers a pretty standard suite of coverage, along with extras that can enhance the value of your policy — often at no extra charge.
- Collision. Covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after a collision.
- Comprehensive. It helps to pay for damages to your car caused by such things as fire, vandalism, theft,
- Bodily injury and property damage liability. Takes care of the costs if you injure people or damage their property in an accident.
- Medical payments. It includes medical, hospitalization and rehabilitation expenses for you and your passengers after an accident.
- Personal injury protection. Legally required in some states, it pays for a part of medical care, replacement services, and lost wages in the event.
- Road trouble service. Access 24/7 towing and roadside assistance when driving in all 50 states (plus Canada)
- Rental cars. Driving a rental car is quite risky, that is why you’re covered for the broadest coverages and limits on your policy.
- Common loss deductible. Is good for all who connect their auto and home insurance with Auto-Owners. If both your car and home are damaged in an accident, the insurer reduces the auto deductible by the amount of the personal property deductible.
Now, let's look at pros and cons we gathered special for you.
|Customer satisfaction is high||Not available in all states|
|Complaints are low||No online quoting system.|
Lots of coverage options and discounts
24/7 roadside assistance
|No live chat|
According to a customer survey by Insure.com, 97 percent of insurance owners are satisfied with the service and assistance this company provides. The Insure.com customer survey also shows an 87.9% customer satisfaction rating which means that the price and policy value is on a high level.
Why not to compare?
When it comes to the average insurance rates in our study, only USAA is cheaper overall than Geico. However, what you pay for car insurance varies. The average insurance rates we’ll be talking about here are for comparative purposes only. Your rates will differ.
- USAA: $894.95
- Geico: $1,063.10
- Travelers: $1,211.84
- State Farm: $1,260.12
- American Family: $1,325.99
- Farmers: $1,538.21
- Allstate: $1,777.66
Factors to keep in while Buying a Car Insurance
You must decide upon which insurance plan is going to be the most beneficial for you. How much premium do you have to pay while purchasing one for yourself? Does that suit your budget? How good is the payout in case of emergencies and what all other perks are provided? These things are the most important factors that must be kept in mind while going for any related kind of service. One must investigate the various factors of how much money will be compensated in case of an accident. Your thought will be that it must cover the total cost of the vehicle but for that to happen you will have to shell out substantial amount of money out of your pocket. It has to a smart decision as you need to lookout for your profits down the road. Hence it often recommended to go for one of the best car insurance companies in the market in terms of affordability.
They offers one of the best car insurance rates to their customers to lure them from other companies and their car insures are the most rated car coverage in the field.